Population and employment growth is directed to Settlement Areas, where the creation of attractive, vibrant, complete, healthy communities can be supported by a range and mix of land uses, public service facilities and infrastructure. Secondary Plans articulate a vision of traditional small-town mixed-use development that is oriented to the pedestrian scale.
See the discussion paper Growth Management and Settlement Areas to learn about Provincial and current township policies. After reading, answer the discussion promoting questions below to express what you would like to see in the upcoming Official Plan.
1. Do you think that the current Official Plan policies supporting rural character are working?
2. What changes might be required to the policies to support flexibility in rural areas?
3. Do you think the Township has enough, too little or too much growth?
4. Where do you think new growth should be directed?
5. Is there an adequate mix of uses (e.g. residential, commercial, employment) in Seguin’s settlement
6. Where and how do you think intensification occur? Are there locations where this should be
supported or restricted?
7. Please provide any other comments you may have for consideration in the development of new