Economic development and diversification are important goals for the Township of Seguin. Support for new and existing businesses and tourism operations, as well as the economic well-being of residents, can be encouraged through Official Plan policies.
See the discussion paper Employment & Economic Prosperity to learn about Provincial and current township policies. After reading, answer the discussion promoting questions below to express what you would like to see in the upcoming Official Plan.
1. Do you think there is an adequate mix of employment lands and other land use designations,
including industrial, commercial and institutional uses, to support long-term needs?
2. Besides supporting the tourism/recreational sector, what other economic sectors should be
supported through Official Plan policies?
3. Are there any particular local industries or businesses that require special considerations?
4. How should the Township support home-based businesses? How should the Township
accommodate new industries, such as short-term rentals and ride-sharing (e.g. Air BnB and Uber)
5. How else can the new Official Plan support economic development, diversification, and
6. How should the Township consider development of lands along the major highway corridors, which are under Ministry of Transportation (MTO) jurisdiction?
7. Please provide any other comments you may have for consideration in the development of new